not-back-to-school weekend - momgineer

not-back-to-school weekend


Tomorrow, the local schools are in session. Last week, school started for several friends. I thought we would mark this year's not-back-to-school weekend with a special trip! Last year, we went to the Bronx Zoo. There was a LEGO exhibit at the time that was a bigger hit than the animals. This year we saw this beautiful green lady:

Not a great one of H but it was so hazy it was hard to keep our eyes open!
At the NY Public Library.
Oh yeah, I'm a homeschooling dork.
Our big trip to the big city was on the short side, as these two were up at 4:30 and 5am for the day, and they were quite tired. It was also 100% humidity. Gross! I wonder if they will ever learn to sleep in. It's not like we have to *be* anywhere early in the morning most days! H, my 7 year old, was very excited to go to Liberty Island and see the Statue of Liberty. I hope he will remember it for years to come.

Our weekend didn't stop there! H had his first chess tournament this weekend. He was so excited and had lots of fun:
Round 4!
I don't know what we will do tomorrow. I'm guessing there will be a lot more chess!


momgineer Meredith Anderson

STEM education is my passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment